1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In addition to the terms specified in the Students Contract,; and School Policies, the following Terms and Conditions shall also govern the admission of a child in GIIS (the "School"). The Parents/Guardians agree to comply and shall ensure that their ward(s) also comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times.
2. Rights Reserved
All Terms and Conditions and the School Fees mentioned on the School website and/or in the School diary are valid for the relevant academic year only. The School reserves the right to amend any of these Fees or Terms and Conditions at its discretion. Granting of admission is at the discretion of the School.
3. School Commencement & Vacation Period
The School offers two curriculum : Cambridge and CBSE.
1. The academic year of the School shall commence from 1st September for Cambridge Curriculum and 1st April for CBSE. The School reserves the right to amend the commencement date.
2. Vacation period- For Cambridge curriculum, 9 weeks holiday will be spread over the months of December, April and August. For CBSE curriculum, 9 weeks long vacation will be spread over the months of June and December. The School shall observe all Malaysian public holidays and also will be closed on the 15th August (India's Independence Day) and 26th January (India's Republic Day) (please refer to the School Holiday calendar).
4. Fee Paying and Deadlines
1. All School Fees are to be paid before the under mentioned payment deadline dates. Each Academic year consists of 3 Terms.
I. Cambridge: Academic Year: September to August
TERM 1 (1st Sep - 31st Dec) - Fees to be paid by 10th Sep.
TERM 2 (1st Jan - 30th Apr) - Fees to be paid by 10th Jan.
TERM 3 (1st May - 31st Aug) - Fees to be paid by 10th May.
II. CBSE : Academic Year: April to March
TERM 1 (1st Apr- 31st Jul) - Fees to be paid by 10th Apr.
TERM 2 (1st Aug - 30th Nov) - Fees to be paid by 10th Aug.
TERM 3 (1st Dec - 31st Mar) - Fees to be paid by 10th Dec.
2. Payment options available, and charges thereof, are as follows:
Cheque, Bank Draft
Payable to: GLOBAL INDIAN EDUCATION SDN BHD
Cash, Debit Card
Payment to be done at School
Payment gateway through www.myGIIS.org
3. Administration charges of RM200.00 will be imposed for unsuccessful fee transactions or cheques/GIRO that are not honored by the bank for any reasons.
4. Fees are exclusive of books/stationery/uniform/transport/Board examination fees etc.
5. A) Late payment fee will be charged as per Schedule D of the Contract, if the fee is not paid on or before the due date. Surcharges will be applied to all late payments and the school will NOT entertain any reasons for late payment. Late payment may attract other penalties as mentioned in Point 5B below in addition to the above.
B) In case of late payment of fees the following may apply jointly/severally (along with late payment charges), at the discretion of the school:
i. Withholding of the student's results/report card/information regarding student's progress at GIIS.
ii. Thirty days past fees submission deadline will attract the suspension of services offered by school to the student /parent, including but not limited to:
1. Access to myGIIS, the school's student management system.
2. Participation in any activity organized/facilitated/sponsored by the school.
3. Disallow student from attending school.
4. Disallow transfer certificate from being issued.
5. Suspend any student insurance claim being entertained by school to the appropriate insurance authority.
6. Cancellation of student's visa, if applicable.
iii. In the event of the outstanding fee not being paid within 60 (calendar) days past fee deadline the student will be declared as 'non-valid student' and all services to student /parent may be terminated, in addition to point above.
C) The school will exercise its discretion in allowing re-continuation of education services to the student in case of 'non-valid student' status. GIIS will treat student as a fresh admission in case a re-continuation is permitted by the school authorities, and all fees/charges applicable to a fresh student will be imposed.
D) The school reserves the right to withhold examination results (Internal or external Board results) and shall prevent the student/ candidate from attending or appearing for any examination conducted by the school in the event of non-payment of any dues to the school.
6. Top-up Fee is the fee differential payable in Enrolment & Security Deposit fee.
a.Enrolment Fee top-up is applicable when:
i. Student graduates from KG 2 -> CBSE Class or CIPP Year 1 - For a GIIS student, the Enrolment Fee top-up will be eligible for a 25% subsidy
ii. Student transfers from CBSE -> Cambridge curriculum - For a GIIS student, the Enrolment Fee top-up will be eligible for a 50% subsidy
b. Security Deposit top-up is applicable when there is a fee differential between current class and the class progressing to.
c. No refunds are applicable in case a student moves from a class/curriculum with a higher Enrolment Fee or Security Deposit to a lower one.
7. The School reserves the right to modify the fee-structure/components mentioned in Schedules B and C of the Contract at any time during the academic term, by notifying the parents/ guardians in advance, in writing.
5. Sibling Benefit
Applies only on the TUITION fee. Sibling subsidy of 25% on the tuition fee ONLY is given automatically. No subsidy is given for any other fees.
6. Re-Enrolment & Trasfer
Students who re-register with GIIS within 2 years of leaving School will receive a 50% subsidy (25% if re-registering after 2 years of leaving School) on the prevailing Enrolment Fee only. The student will be required to take the Aptitude Assessment and the student shall pay the prevailing fee. Students on inter-GIIS school transfer shall receive a 50% subsidy on Enrolment Fee.
7. Deposits & Deposit Refund Policy
1. Refundable deposit will be charged per child. Please refer to our fee structure at http://globalschoolmalaysia.org/Admissions/FeesStructure.aspx.
2. Deposit refund :When the child leaves the school, the parents are required to give a compulsory 3 month withdrawal notice to the school. During this 3 month notice period, the child should attend the School and would have to pay all the applicable fees in full. If for any reasons (including parents' transfer) the child is unable to physically attend the School or has to leave earlier, the parent shall pay all applicable fees for the entire 3 month notice period. The School reserves the right to deduct all unpaid fees from the deposit including those for the notice period. The Transfer Certificate will be issued only when the account is settled fully.
3. No refunds are applicable in case the student moves from a class or curriculum with a higher Enrolment fee or Security Deposit fee to a lower one.
4. In following cases the notice period of three months will be not imposed:
a. Transfer of job from Employer and not by Employee (Letter from Employer is required)
b.Non-renewal of Employment Pass/termination of Employee. It does not apply for resignation.
c.On medical grounds (Original medical report is required - applies only for the parents, child and siblings). The School shall have the sole discretion on the acceptance of the medical report/certificate and may require an independent medical opinion or report before allowing the waiver.
d.Non-renewal/rejection of Student Pass by Malaysian Immigration Department.
8. School Bus
The School provides bus service through a vendor. The bus fee is exclusive and needs to be paid separately at the School.
1. Bus Fees is charged on a Zone basis. The child may opt for a 1-way or 2-way service.
2. Cancellation of Bus Service
a. For the Cancellation of the Bus Services a notice period of 1 months is required. Once the Bus Service is cancelled the parent can reapply for the Bus service only after a period of 6 months.
b.The cancellation request must be submitted in writing to the School Authority only and not to transport contractor or the Bus driver.
9. Long Leave Student
1. A student can take long leave from School only upon prior approval from the Principal. All due fees should be paid for the period of long leave.
2. The student needs to pay all applicable School fees for the notice period of three months in case of withdrawal of student on long leave.
3. Any default on payment will be adjusted against the refundable Security Deposit.
The School shall provide emergency outpatient treatment for medical eventualities by a qualified registered nurse.
1. The parent/guardian must declare to the School in writing, at the time of admission, of any/all serious illness, debility - physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy of the child.
2. The parent must also inform the School, in writing, from time to time, as and when the child is diagnosed of any serious illness, debility - physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy.
3. The School shall not be responsible for any medical exigencies that involve special medical intervention in relation to the special or serious illness, debility - physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy of the child.
11. For International Students (WHERE APPLICABLE)
a. STUDENT PASS APPLICATION
GIIS undertakes best efforts to assist the Student if he/she requires a Student Pass from the Malaysian Immigration Department. This includes, without limitation, providing the Student with advice on obtaining such pass, verifying the Student's enrolment and immigration status, and providing all such assistance as may be necessary to procure the Student Pass on behalf of the Student. Please note that GIIS shall not be held responsible under any circumstances in case a Student Pass is not issued or delayed or contains incorrect details.
b. STUDENT PASS NOT TRANSFERABLE
The student pass is not transferable and will expire upon the Student ceasing to be a student of GIIS. GIIS is under obligation to inform the Immigration Department of the student's withdrawal from, or completion of his/her course of study at GIIS, and the student will deliver to GIIS, before the last date of being in the school, a copy of the Student's passport, Student Pass and the Student Identity card, so that the school can proceed with the cancellation of the student pass with the Malaysian Immigration Department.
12. Adherence to School Policies
All students whether in school or outside the school, have to adhere to all the school rules and regulations at all times, and failure to do so may result in school taking appropriate action including the termination of the student's admission, cancellation of the Student Contract or any action as per the Disciplinary Policy.
13. Contact Details
All parents/ guardians of the students must provide their particulars to the School for contact purposes.
The guardian should be a Malaysian Citizen / Malaysian Permanent Resident above eighteen (18) years old or the parent of the international student if the parent is working / staying in Malaysia. The parents/ guardians of the students are required to report any change in guardianship to the school immediately.
All the parents/ guardians are required to keep their information/ details updated on their respective myGIIS (Student Learning Management System) accounts at all times.
14. Cancellation of Admission
The students admission may be deemed cancelled or terminated without notice by GIIS, if:
a. If the Student Contract has not been signed by the parent on behalf of the student. In this case the Student Contract shall be deemed to not have come into existence and shall not have any binding contractual relationship between GIIS and the parent/ guardian/student.
b. The student or their parent/guardian commits breach of clauses mentioned herein.
c. Commits breach of Code of Conduct as per School's guidelines posted on the School's intranet - myGIIS or school diary. The school reserves the right to amend the code of conduct guidelines from time to time as may be deemed appropriate and the parents/ guardians are requested to regularly visit myGIIS to keep themselves updated with all such changes.
d. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian are convicted of an offence involving honour, honesty or public morals and order.
e. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian discourages the public in seeking admissions or encouraging them in withdrawing admissions from the School.
f. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian defames the school or its staff in public or carries out unlawful activity against the school or its staff or discloses incorrect information about the School so as to bring ill-repute to the school or its teachers or its present Employees or the institution as a whole.
g. The student or parent/guardian is discovered to have misled or cheated the school by way of submitting false or fake documents/certificates or made incorrect statements to the school.
h. Student has absented himself/herself from the school without prior permission or intimation for more than 15 days.
15. Confidential Information
a. It is agreed and accepted that the student and their parents/guardian shall maintain absolute confidentiality and secrecy towards school's confidential and/or secret and/or proprietary information or documents including any information in an electronic format. Unless the school has specifically authorized in writing of any document which could be made public or share, all other information/documents would be deemed confidential/secret/proprietary and any sharing of such information/documents to public or unauthorized persons shall construe as breach of admissions terms and conditions.
b. Confidential Information/documents whether published or printed or communicated verbally including minutes of meeting, circulars, homework, assignments, exam papers, teaching aids on myGIIS and/or other materials / documents made available on myGIIS are strictly confidential in nature. Unauthorized publication or circulation of such information with any unauthorized person would construe as breach of school's terms and conditions.
c. Student acknowledges that the intellectual property rights for any project, worksheet, information, writing, publication, printed books, industry papers, guides or any documents provided by the school to the student, in the course of enrolment at GIIS shall remain intellectual property of GIIS and shall belong exclusively and solely to GIIS in its entirety, and may be used by GIIS for any commercial or non-commercial purposes without any payment to the student, regardless of whether he/she continues to be enrolled in GIIS or not. Similarly, parents agree to GIIS using students' work, photographs and videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicizing and promoting GIIS and its students' accomplishments.
d. The students or parents or guardians of students are strictly prohibited from disclosing to unauthorized users, the contents of school's intranet which include parents and students contact information, telephone numbers and email addresses. If the student or parents discloses to any other unauthorized person or person not related to or employed by the school or to any third party which may use the information for their commercial or personal benefit, the school reserves the right to take legal action against the students or their parents/ guardians who was found to be responsible for passing on such information or with whose help such information was acquired by the third party. The school also reserves the right to take legal action against such third parties for illegally using or acquiring the school's confidential information.
e. Provided always that should the School on its own volition disclose such information and make it available to the general public, the student or parent/ guardian shall no longer be restricted but only as regards those 'public domain' information disclosed by the School. Any information disclosed by the School to students of the School or other employees shall not be regarded as information in the area of "public domain".
f. Upon withdrawal of the student for any reason whatsoever, the student is to return, without demand, all documents and electronic data (whether in printed or machine-readable form) to the School.